Sunday, August 24, 2008

5. Did You See That?


During my trip to St. Louis, Jenn took me to the Missouri Botanical Gardens, which is currently hosting an exhibition of Niki - a New Realist/Pop Art artist who fashioned these amazing sculptures out of concrete, glass, tile and mirrors. This skull was hollowed out - you could sit inside! Unfortunately, it rained the night we were supposed to go and see it lit and sparkling in the darkness. But that toothy grin is still enough to make you say, "Did you see that?"

6 comments:

Myra Culbertson said...

This is pretty neat. I'd like to see this for real.

Andi said...

eek! It's colorful, though and looks fun.

mmullenix said...

Oh, I love, love, love St. Louis! My aunt owns a couple of restaurants there, and I love to go visit! I hope you went to the City Museum - there are alot of "did you see that"'s there :)

Myra Culbertson said...

This month's issue of Southern Living arrived yesterday, and a picture of this guy is in the section about St. Louis -- I laughed when I saw it there (and your pic is from a better angle than theirs).

Sarah said...

This is hilarious -- and so fitting of this category!

Amy in GA said...

Oh my goodness - this is hilarious!!! Great find!!