Sunday, June 22, 2008

20. Shoes


Being a great lover of shoes (no comments from the peanut gallery, please) there were many, many, many options I could've chosen for this category. But picking favorite shoes to photograph? Well, I just couldn't do it. Instead, I went back to what could be a contributing factor in my love for shoes - my collection of Barbie accessories.

I won't reveal how long I took to set up and photograph this tiny footwear collection, but I will say thanks to Anna for her stellar art direction and figuring out how to capture them best.

5 comments:

Katherine Strate said...

I LOVE this one. I think it's my favorite. Great creativity. :)

ashley said...

Thanks! I came up with the idea of the Barbie shoes, but I was having a devil of a time photographing them. Anna had the idea to put down cups and place the shoes around them in a ring. It was painstaking - literally! My back was killing me after leaning over these tiny shoes for a (unmentionable) long time.

Amy in GA said...

It was worth the hard work!! It's wonderful! :) Lucky you to have an assistant.

Sarah said...

You know my fondness of the people shots, but I think this wins my Best All Around because it encompasses so much. It is very creative in both subject and styling. It taught me something about you. It is great use of lighting and f-stop. It is interesting and engaging and I know it is one of your most rewarding shots -- great job!

Anonymous said...

This is an AWESOME picture. How adorable and stylish! Kudos to Anna for helping you get it set up so creatively.